- Canadian Federal Political Parties and Personal Privacy Protection: A Comparative Analysis. A Report to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, May 2012 (Co-authored with R. Bayley).
Privacy Impact Assessments: An International Study of their Application and Effects, Report to the UK Information Commissioner, December 2007. (Co-authored with A. Charlesworth, A. Warren, R. Clarke, R. Bayley), together with Appendix of country case studies.
- Saying What you Do and Doing what you Say: Arguments and Prospects for an International Privacy Standard, Report to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner, September 2007. (Also available in French PDF.)
- Location-Based Service and the Surveillance of Mobility: An Analysis of Privacy Risks in Canada. A Report to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, under the 2004-05 Contributions Program, June 2005. (Co-authored with L. Crowe).
- What Government Should Know about Privacy: A Foundation Paper. Prepared for the Ontario Information Technology Executive Leadership Council’s Privacy Conference, June 19, 2001.
- Globalization and Access to Information Regimes. A Report to the Canadian Access to Information Review Task Force, June-August 2001.
- Application of a Methodology designed to Assess the Adequacy of the Level of Protection of Individuals with regard to Processing Personal Data: Test of the Method on Several Categories of Transfer. European Commission Tender No. XV/97/18/D, September 1998. (Co-authored with Charles D. Raab, Robert M. Gellman and N. Waters)
- Prospects for an International Standard for the Protection of Personal Information. A Report to the Standards Council of Canada, August 1997.
- Implementing Privacy Codes of Practice. Rexdale: Canadian Standards Association, PLUS 8830, August 1995.
- Privacy in the Political System: Perspectives from Political Science and Economics. A report written for the Ethical, Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) component of the Human Genome Project, U.S. Department of Energy (coordinated by Alan F. Westin) (1995, revised 2001)